Learn how to organise an unexpected place in your home into a personal display spot bursting with YOU.
1. Curate a chic clay display. Keep your pottery or porcelain collection in a glass-door cabinet to keep it safe while you show it off. Go for tone-on-tone hues for a uniform look (we even painted the wall in a warm terracotta shade; NCS S 4030-Y70R — please note colours can vary on screen).
2. Hang a clock collage. Whether you’re a hard core clock collector, or just need a friendly reminder (hello time optimists), why not set up a clock wall? Just hang a mix of different styles and sizes around a fixed straight line to create a funky frame.
3. Set up a lounge and listen spot. Use a couple of cabinets to form a music space. Just attach them to the wall first. Grab your headphones and relax on a comfy pad. Fancy a dance? Turn off the light, switch on the floor lamp, and pump up the volume.
4. Show off your sports souvenirs. Create a customised display with a shelving unit (secure it to the wall first) and inserts. Spotlight your mementos with a fun tape design. Stick your favourite autograph to an LED light panel to shed some extra light on it.
5. Exhibit your travel souvenirs. You don’t always need special furniture to create a display. Present city guides on a chair and put findings from your adventures in stackable boxes with lids on the floor. Watch it grow organically as your mileage adds up.
6. Put your wardrobe to work. Choose a sturdy closet that can pull off a beautiful display AND store your clothes. Glass doors show them off and protect them from dust. Build a tower of pretty boxes and store accessories inside.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.