We’ve all got clutter, but the notorious junk drawer only helps so much. We’ve got some sneaky ways to organise and hide those living room odds and ends that we use regularly but don’t want on display.
1. Storage isn’t all boxes and shelving. It can be a beautiful addition and accent to your space, just like this woven basket that keeps your extra throws stashed away.
2. Yes, it’s bed storage. But these boxes on wheels can work just as well in the living room. Fill them up with interior organisers to keep your exercise gear neat, and slide them under the sofa until your next workout.
3. We know. It can be hard to part with books. But no matter how much you love them, you don’t have to leave them out all the time. Mount a few book shelves near your windows, extending the curtain rod above them, to keep your library hidden until reading hour.
4. We admit, the fight against the toy mess can feel impossible. Make it easier on yourself, and your kids, with labelled boxes that simplify finding and (most importantly) putting away their things.
5. Put work out of sight, so you can focus on relaxing. A footstool with built-in storage makes a perfect place to hide your laptop, paperwork, and other necessities. It’s all there when you’re ready to get back to work.
6. Ambiance is everything but doesn’t have to be everywhere. Collect cosy in a box to make sure you’re always ready to set the mood in your living room. Keep votive candles and potpourri handy in jars and decorative boxes.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.