It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Sales Co-Worker to join our IKEA Hyderabad team
ABOUT THE JOB
To create satisfied customers in an efficient and effective way by using all media and sales channels available in order to attract and encourage more customers to visit more often and buy more.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Actively approach customers who you see require additional help. You identify their needs by asking the right questions and advise them on the best solutions for their homes in order to exceed their expectations.
- Understand how to use the different IKEA sales and communication channels and know-how for the different customers you meet.
- Keep your area of responsibility clean, tidy, priced and fully stocked, and ensure that the IKEA basic merchandising standards are in place at all times to give customers a positive shopping experience.
- Convey passion about IKEA products and actively learn about their features and benefits, and you share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- Understand the store and department action plans. You take responsibility for your department goals and know how you contribute.
- Actively offer all the services available in the IKEA store to help customers make informed choices, which results in better shopping experience with them.
- You lead and/or support the implementation of planned commercial activities involving your department throughout the store.
- Ensure to maximise sales whilst maintaining profitability by knowing and actively steering towards the top selling and prioritised products
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse and adjust sales space capacities based on system parameters (sales location management) to secure high stock availability.
- Familiar with the IKEA social and environmental commitments and know how you can contribute to sustainability
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Able to read, write and speak English. Additional regional language will be an advantage
- You have an interest in home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
- You are self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team.
- The right attitude and behaviour to sell actively and help customers to buy.
- Understanding of customer behaviour.
- Understanding and active use of the Selling the IKEA way manual.
- Confident in approaching and talking to people in a polite and friendly manner.
- Enthusiastic and able to work with others in a team.
- Ability to organise your own work and make efficient use of your time.Ability to work with a high sense of urgency.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.