Store Design Specialist
Store Design Specialist
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Store Design Specialist to join our IKEA India team
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The Store Design Specialist is responsible to contribute in the selection process of store formats and configuration of IKEA stores to the realisation of pre-project objectives according the specific pre-project briefs of several Retail Establishment PreProjects. The responsibility within the main project is to steer the Store Design Process and link its result with the local architects and consultants. The Store Design Specialist is also responsible to contribute to activities and continuous improvement of the way of working in Retail Establishment/ Property function.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES:
- To maximise the expected pre-project results by securing the optimized planning of IKEA stores from the first ideas till readiness of Conceptual Drawings. The Store Design Manager is the natural speaking partner towards architects and planning specialists.
- To contributes to the realisation of the pre-project plan based on the specific preproject brief, carrying out the store design work and feasibility studies in the preproject according the pre-project plan.
- To act as speaking partner to the Real Estate Project Manager in the site selection and acquisition process, aiming to represent the Retail organisation and optimize IKEA´s positioning.
- To represent the Retail organisation in the store design process. Coordinate and prepare Retailer Input in the design process, aiming to create a solid foundation for a well-functioning and profitable IKEA business through the sales channel IKEA store.
- To contribute to the design Store project as New Investments which impact the store architecture.
- To contributes the establishment of the necessary input for the Investment Request.
- To contribute to the project realisation by a proper handover of the different design work deliveries from the pre-project phase to relevant functions in the project phase.
- To evaluate the results and documenting the pre-project.
- To Represent the Retail organisation in the store design follow up after store opening.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of Establishment Pre-Projects, resulting from input collected from pre-project and project evaluations.
- To contribute to the development and continuous improvement of project management tools and methods related to Retail Establishment Projects required in the pre-project phase.
- To contribute to the definition and update of the Retail Establishment Project Portfolio.
- To contribute to the implementation of the annual action plan of the function Property.
ESSENTIAL OF FOR THE JOB:
- B Arch or Civil Engineering background with the ability to design stores with different design skills including computer aided design.
- Retailing experience (ideally in a management role with store background) and standards.
- Proven track record in the Store design process. Good track record of delivering in the design work in large sized commercial Retail pre-projects, retail business or similar operation.
- Solid background in capacity calculations and the ability to run profitability calculations in the context of designing different store layouts and flows
- Proven ability to maintain effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
- Good track record of being creative and whilst being able to follow established frameworks.
- Decision making capability at strategic, tactical and operational levels.