Store Design Project Leader
Store Design Project Leader
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Store Design Project Leader to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION:
Property is a business function that develops, owns and maintains IKEA properties. Property is also a key player in developing the penetration strategy within the commercial territory and has the responsibility to purchase and develop land accordingly. Property has also the responsibility to design, construct and maintain IKEA properties according to the latest IKEA standards and to the lowest possible cost for a specified level of quality and time.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
IKEA VISION is to create a better everyday life for the many people. To realize this VISION, as a part of IKEA India Retail Property Department, the Store Design Project Leader shall play a key role in leading the Design Process with Local Architects for projects set out in the business plan. He/She shall contribute to project organization in a way that this organization is able to deliver an IKEA building with agreed standards in time and within budget. He/she should have a strong sense of IKEA leadership in handling the Local Architect. His/her strengths shall be in the area of business sense with IKEA customer always in focus, leadership and coordination.
IKEA Store Design Process
- Responsible to coordinate the local input from consultants to the IKEA Store Design process
- Take part in meetings/web meetings with IISSAB as needed.
Local Design Process
- Lead Design Meetings with Local Architects through the Design Process to ensure that the IKEA Concept as expressed in the Conceptual Drawings and the agreed Design Criteria are secured in the Design.
- Ensure timelines for each phase of Design Process are met by providing the needed input to the local architects/consultants for timely completion of the Design Process
- Ensure the local architects follow the India room book to have the expected specs and finishes of the building
- Ensure that the Design at all stages of the design is in line with the agreed budget
- Ensure that the Design is finalized within agreed timeframes
- Communicate and coordinate any design changes with expansion team
- Document VE process and Design changes for communicating to IISS
- Cooperate with the CPM / Tech Engineer to ensure the best possible coordination in the design process
- Support the CPM / PME with evaluation of design alternatives/options as may be needed due to challenges faced on site
- Take part in site meetings when necessary
- Support the Expansion team with coordination of construction drawings and commercial design drawings.
- Ensure that the Commercial Input necessary for the overall Design Process is received in due time
- Perform a follow up together with the project team of Store Design to identify good examples / points of improvement
- Min 5 years experience in design project management or related.
- A strong understanding of the IKEA concept and supporting manuals and standards.
- Master/Bachelor in Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Local Building Code
- Computer literacy in AutoCAD and Office Applications
- Strong identification with the IKEA culture and values.
- High interest in home furnishings, people´s life at home and the IKEA range.
- Have a passion for getting the best Store Environment delivered for IKEA customers with long term cost conscious and low on maintenance approach
- Hunger to develop IKEA and to grow personally.
- Drive to exceed results within a given framework.
- Good co-ordination skills and a good team player.
- Excellent ability to plan and organize for timely deliveries
- Strong in follow-ups
- Decision making at operational and tactical levels
- Excellence in problem solving with innovative measures
- Be cost conscious
- Develop the IKEA business by delivering results
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- Inspire people to deliver on time and clarify.
- Create togetherness
ESSENTIAL FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
- Good track record of making things happen and result orientation.
- Experience of delivering Retail/Other projects of large scale >30,000 m2 as a Design Project Manager
- Academic degree in architecture or rich experience of working in Architecture/Project set-up.
- Good communication skills and good track record as a team player.
- Good track record of being creative and whilst being able to follow established frameworks.
- Working knowledge of MS office applications and MS Project
- Proven ability to maintain effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
- Good track record of producing desired results with consultants.
- Good track record of keeping a holistic view, being decisive, ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Customer focus.
- Design know-how and experience from commercial/store design Retail Projects.
- Good track record of delivering as member of teams in medium/large sized projects or retail business or similar operation.
- Experience from design phases.
- IKEA store know how, understanding of store operations.