Accounts Receivable Accountant
Accounts Receivable Accountant
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 coworkers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Accountant to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Accounts Receivable (AR) Accountant is an important role to ensure robustness of accounting processes relating to collections, credit monitoring, cash application and banking requirements for IKEA. This would involve ensuring the appropriate accounting processes and controls and compliance to company’s policies. The role also involves interaction with multiple stakeholders within the company. Incumbent will be expected to bring in strong accounting knowledge, process and business understanding and interpersonal interactions. Incumbent is also expected to ensure best in class AR processes for the organization
- Support AR activities in IKEA India including collection, cash application, debtors follow up, dunning, debtors reconciliation, debtors confirmation, cash discounts etc.
- Support multiple AR channels such as E Commerce, Store collections, B2B platform
- Develop strong understanding of systems and processes
- Support transactional accounting activities such as month and year closing, auditing, payments, inventory transactions, freight and transportation transactions, reconciliations, etc
- Ensure robust internal controls and compliance in all transactions in compliance with local and global accounting policies
- Ensure monthly and quarterly reconciliations, reporting. Prepare and submit Management Information System (MIS), Key performance Indicators (KPI’s) and other reporting requirements
- Follow strong rigor in dunning, customer follow up and internal stakeholder follow ups
- Support AR Manager in projects and process improvement activities
- Work with systems teams for testing and development of new systems as required
- Have a good understanding of business, tax environment and external environment and their impact on the processes
- Strong familiarity and experience with Indian tax and regulatory environment (GST, Customs, TDS etc.) would be an added advantage
- Maintain appropriate working routines with other departments and stakeholders to meet the process objectives
- Be a collaborative team player and support and facilitate and support other team members and team leader in attaining overall team success
- Ensure strong accounting process, adherence to policy and robust information and tracking system on AR activities
- Prior experience in working with AR/credit control would be an added advantage
JOB-SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE :
- CA preferred
- Strong familiarity and experience with Indian tax, Banking and regulatory environment (GST, Customs, TDS, banking products, loan products etc.) would be an added advantage
- Strong accounting knowledge, process and business understanding
- Prior experience in AR area is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with global and local stakeholders
- Good understanding of systems, processes and reporting framework. Proven experience in setting up systems and processes would be preferred
•Busines partner/Customer Focus
•Learning and Self Development
•Problem Solving and Conflict Management
•Communication - Oral/Written
•Drive for Result
- Helping the team to achieve and develop as I do out of my own achievements.
- Being passionate about being part of a business that is the leader in life at home, contributing to a better everyday life for the many people.
- To find more effective ways of working and about using your knowledge to drive the business in order to optimise the performance.
- To have a natural interest in people and enjoy working in a multi-national, fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
- Be hungry for knowledge and want to increase the skills and learning, using this to benefit IKEA and grow personally.
- Strive for excellence and simplicity, enabling change, safeguarding the functioning of IKEA, developing growth potentials and sustaining long term profitability.
ESSENTIAL FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
- College degree or above
- Solid accounting knowledge, working experience in finance in Indian accounting environment would be an advantage
- Prior experience in AR area in a multinational environment will be an added advantage
- Strong action orientation, process focus and adaptability to change
- Strong communication and coordinating skills
- Strong compliance and process approach
- Professional problem solving and knowledge sharing
- Strong systems and process understanding, analytical and reporting skills
- Quick learner
PREFERRED FROM EXTERNALS:
- 5-7 years of accounting and/or auditing experience in AR, financial accounting, collections and AR processes with exposure/familiarity to Indian tax and business environment
- Proven experience, in handling complexity, technical accounting and operating in ERP/accounting platforms
- Strong process expertise
- Ability to handle large transaction volume
- Ability to support changes arising from external and internal triggers
- Experience in use of automated accounting systems
- Experience in multicultural and multinational organisation
- Exposure to broader finance areas such as Accounts payable, General ledger, closing and reporting would be an added advantage