Accounts Payable (AP) Leader
Accounts Payable (AP) Leader
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable (AP) Leader to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION:
Accounts Payable is an integral part of Finance and critical in securing long term business from our vendors. We strive to be well known support by navigating the growth of the IKEA business and steer it towards sustained long-term profitability, including securing financial business performance and compliance with policies and standards.
- To aim to be a proactive business partner in strategic and operational development, and be closely connected to the business and contribute to improved customer experience.
- We support and challenge the organisation through business case thinking.
- To support growth and expansion by securing efficient and effective ways of working, including the processes needed to deliver growth and sustainable profitability.
- We respect IKEA policies and standards and secure financial processes, compliance and legal requirements.
As IKEA India embarks on an exciting and challenging journey, we aim to support the business with our focus on governance, financial discipline and compliance.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Your role will involve but not be restricted to:
- Working within the global steering documents, to work with the business to develop local routines across all areas of operation including internal finance and business navigation areas.
- Working with the finance and accounting team to ensure that the structures in the books of accounts are set up to support both functional and legal reporting across all units of IKEA operating in the company.
- Work on evaluating and improving all bank transactions and processes to ensure maximum efficiency without compromising on financial controls.
- Support the finance team in cash flow planning, efficient funding and sourcing of financial services.
- Work with the risk and compliance team to ensure compliance monitoring in the finance function.
- Work with IMS in evaluating and on boarding of suppliers.
- Support the Financial Controller and Accounting Manager in evaluating and improving the internal financial control framework.
- Support the business navigation team in budgets and BPL process.
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE & SKILLED REQUIRED:
ESSENTIALS FOR THE ROLE:
- Ability to challenge status quo and think independently
- Good communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, delegate responsibility and give open and honest feedback.
- Business-minded with a clear customer focus.
- High personal integrity and maturity
- Ability to engage others.
- Ability to reflect and find value and ideas in collaborating with others.
- Ability to work in matrix relationships
- Ability to adapt to change
- Professional education in Finance
- Experience in large international, multicultural organisation in similar roles
- Knowledge of IFRS, IND AS
- Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables
- Experience in use of automated accounting systems