Store Service Business Manager
Store Service Business Manager
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 194,000 co-workers and operations in 49 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
IKEA has an ambitious expansion plan in India, to be a leading home furnishing retailer with multi-channel capabilities and also opening about 25 stores by 2030. In Karnataka, IKEA plans both retail stores and ecommerce, a supplier landscape to support local sourcing and has also located its service office for the country in Bangalore. IKEA’s first store in Bengaluru will be in Nagasandra on Tumkur road; IKEA has acquired 14 acres of land and a 40,000 sq.m (450,000 sq. ft.) store will be built with integrated metro connectivity offering great accessibility and catering to over 6 million visitors per year.
Do you want to be part of IKEA’s exciting journey in Bengaluru and India?
We are currently looking for Service Business Manager to join our IKEA Bengaluru Store.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
- To achieve an enjoyable, convenient and successful shopping and buying experience which will lead to increased sales and sustained long-term profitability.
- To create satisfied customers in an efficient and effective way by using all media and sales channels in order to attract and encourage more customers to come more often and buy more. This is achieved by optimizing sales priorities, using commercial activities and ensuring accurate forecasts for the total IKEA offer are in place.
- The main responsibilities are to ensure satisfied customers, develop and execute sales steering and sell the IKEA way.
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To lead and optimise the IKEA service business and secure satisfied customers and increased sales and profitability of the home furnishing offer. To lead strategies and actions of the IKEA business in a multichannel retail environment through the functions involved in the IKEA service business.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Secure a consistent, seamless positive customer experience through all functions by ensuring that the entire service business always strives to fulfil the three IKEA customer motivators: "Is there something for me?", "Is it worth it?", "Can I trust IKEA?".
- Define the financial goals and key performance indicators that are relevant for the IKEA service business in the market.
- Ensure a market relevant service offer at a market relevant price in the different sales channels.
- Support the commercial team in maximising the commercial opportunities of the IKEA service business.
- Lead and secure the implementation of country service business priorities while sharing and implementing good solutions.
- Secure the operational excellence of the service business together with all relevant stakeholders.
- Secure and follow up the qualitative performance of the service business, end to end, and continuously improve the ways of working.
- Secure a cross-organisational alignment in terms of the scope of the service business in the market.
- Empower your organisation to contribute to the service business.
- Actively support and ensure that the service business is in line with the IKEA social and environmental comittment
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of the service business as part of the IKEA ways of working: from developing to fulfilling and optimising the business.
- Understanding of profit and loss.
- Knowledge of the business planning process.
- Knowledge of the budget process that steers the business.
- Internal and external knowledge of the service business in your country.
- Knowledge of life at home in your country.
- Knowledge of the change management process.
- Awareness of legal requirements and third-party contracts.
JOB SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES
- Ability to lead business through people.
- Ability to work on a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Ability to take decisions based on strategic goals.
- Ability to motivate and influence others within the service business.
- Ability to communicate clearly in various situations.
ESSENTIALS FOR THE ROLE
- Experience of working in a commercial role.
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
- Experience of leading and developing people.
- Experience of setting and implementing action plans, budgets and following up goals.
- Understand profit and loss and how to affect its result through actions.
- Ability to communicate in English and the local language.
- Ability to manage poor performance.
- Proven ability to understand the cause and effect of decisions.
- Proven record in reaching results.
- Ability to set and analyse relevant key performance indicators.
- Ability to influence in a matrix organisation.
- Experience of working in a changing and future-oriented environment.
- Experience of working in a customer-centric (service or retail) industry.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience gained from a value-driven organisation.