Store Logistics Manager
Store Logistics Manager
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 194,000 co-workers and operations in 49 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
IKEA has an ambitious expansion plan in India, to be a leading home furnishing retailer with multi-channel capabilities and also opening about 25 stores by 2030. In Karnataka, IKEA plans both retail stores and ecommerce, a supplier landscape to support local sourcing and has also located its service office for the country in Bangalore. IKEA’s first store in Bengaluru will be in Nagasandra on Tumkur road; IKEA has acquired 14 acres of land and a 40,000 sq.m (450,000 sq. ft.) store will be built with integrated metro connectivity offering great accessibility and catering to over 6 million visitors per year.
Do you want to be part of IKEA’s exciting journey in Bengaluru and India?
We are currently looking for Store Logistics Manager to join our IKEA India Bengaluru Store.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
To contribute to a great meeting with the customer in all sales channels by ensuring a consistently high availability of our offer, with high quality and at lowest possible total cost.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Lead and inspire the store Logistics team to secure goods availability, efficient low-cost goods flow processes and logistics competence in the store. Accountable for overall availability, quality of logistics and service operations, follow up of performance and costs of logistics operations. Be an active partner in the store commercial and business planning process.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Lead the store Logistics department and work with the country Logistics team as well as the store commercial team to secure the highest goods availability for customers at all times at the lowest possible cost.
- Analyse and act on the results of the IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey, IKEA Brand Capital report, VOICE index and commercial reviews.
- Actively participate in the management process to create the store business plan using global and country input to develop and follow up on all logistics actions that support the country business plan and direction.
- Ensure all relevant country strategies and priorities are aligned in the store business and action plan.
- Secure the quality of products, merchandising and customer shopping experience in the store.
- Secure development and correct usage of long-term logistics capacity in the store according to range frame. This includes space, equipment and people as a part of the total supply chain capacity.
- Identify, recruit and develop the many talents in the store, specifically in the Logistics department, to secure succession planning.
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store, specifically in the Logistics department.
- Ensure that the store Logistics department works in compliance with the IKEA Code of Conduct, internal IKEA regulations and local legislation relating to health, safety and security and the environment.
- Monitor the Logistics department's performance in order to take relevant actions to achieve the goals for growth, budget and performance in the store business plan and logistics action plan.
- Position IKEA retailers and the IKEA Brand as responsible partners committed to lowering environmental impact by taking relevant actions that contribute towards achieving sustainable long-term profitability.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES
- A proven record of successful leadership.
- Understand budget, cost and key performance measurements used to plan, follow up and steer the business.
- Analytical and numerical skills.
- Understand and actively use all IKEA manuals, particularly build the In-store Logistics and Retail
- Supply Integration the IKEA Way manuals to build and improve competence.
- Understand the business plan process in the store.
- Understand sales steering and how to optimise store capacity and secure availability.
- Understand the IKEA Code of Conduct, regulations and legislation relating to health, safety and security.
- Ability to lead based on performing and delivering while learning and developing.
- Ability to build trust and communicate in a clear and targeted way with different people in various situations.
- Ability to manage a high-volume and vibrant retail environment.
- Ability to make things happen with flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- Ability to create and translate a tactical plan into operational performance.
ESSENTIALS FOR THE ROLE
- Experience of working in a retail and/or logistics role, including previous management experience of leading others.
- Proven record of communicating confidently and clearly in English.
- Experience of working through others, set priorities, delegate responsibility and give open and honest feedback.
- Proven ability to inspire and engage others.
- Business-minded with a clear customer focus.
- Proven record of meeting agreed budgets and goals, and work on plans over a number of years.
- Experience of applying tactical and operational thinking.
- Experience of implementing action plans and providing clear direction and following up goals.
- Experience of leading in a changing environment.
- Experience of leading and managing a team preferably gained in retailing and/or logistics.
- Ability to think commercially by balancing efficiency, inspiration and profitability.
- Ability to reflect and find value and ideas in collaborating with others.
- Desire to work for a values-driven company. Experience of working in a fast-paced retail or logistics environment. Experience and interest in retailing and/or logistics.