Local IT Specialist
Local IT Specialist
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 194,000 coworkers and operations in 49 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for Local IT Specialist to join our IKEA India team in Gurgaon.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION:
- To secure effective information technology (IT) that supports IKEA business processes by maintaining, developing and supporting reliable, robust and efficient IT solutions.
- To be the local business partner responsible for IT issues and working as one seamless IT organization with IT delivery and demand.
- To ensure retail technology solutions are delivered to high standards to meet the needs of customers and co-workers in order to enhance the whole IKEA shopping experience.
- Local IT contributes to the growth of IKEA retailers and improves the customer’s life at home.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To provide professional onsite IT support with a high service level to different IKEA units as defined in the Service Level Agreements
- Be part of the country regional team with responsibility for specific units within a region, including supporting other units and projects within the country when required.
- Secure the support for a number of IKEA IT systems (local solutions) and ensure the knowledge is kept professionally up-to-date about advances in technology.
- Be part of a global organization with global routines and that guidelines and tools are used correctly within each business unit.
- Perform and manage planned activities, such as IT installations, upgrades, local rebuilds and maintenance activities.
- Analyze, resolve and document onsite support cases in close co-operation with the SPOC in an efficient and professional manner.
- Perform all daily tasks according to set procedures, rules and guidelines.
- Provide technical training to end users.
- Act as an ambassador for IKEA IT in the country.
- Maintain and ensure continuous uptime of the onsite IT infrastructure.
- Participate as a resource in projects.
- Take necessary decisions and actions to solve issues, as well as prioritize issues according to business needs, and know when and how to escalate an issue in the support chain.
- Respond to IT emergency situations in the country.
- Contribute to the local organization's IT budget process when required. Provide technical support for all communication related technologies
- Maintain and control local IT Assets,
- Prioritizing and managing escalated support calls.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of the end user's needs, IKEA business processes and the super users of IKEA IT applications.
- Knowledge of IT service management, processes and toolsets, procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of IKEA IT policy and principles as well as information security and how to use them in the daily job tasks.
- Knowledge of the IKEA IT system landscape (common and local) and how it works for the IKEA business.
- Knowledge of the IKEA IT infrastructure standards and technical environment.
- Knowledge of the IKEA IT organization and its different roles IT steer/demand/delivery).
- Cross-functional IT knowledge of IKEA retailing, distribution and trading.
- Knowledge of local (country) business functions, systems, processes and regulations, and an understanding of business impact upon service requests and incidents.
- Knowledge of project and change management.
- Interested in large-scale retailing and meeting the customer.
- Deliver outstanding IT support and solve problems in a seamless chain together with IT delivery.
- Ability to be an IT ambassador in IKEA stores, distribution centers and trading offices by guiding end users and adapting communication to different situations and persons in a simple and user-friendly way, thereby simplifying perceived complexity and structure of IT.
- Ability to share information, knowledge and experience with colleagues.
- Ability to act with a holistic/global view when representing IT or the end user in different forums.
- Experience of working within IT.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Take initiatives that lead and inspire a team to attain common goals and targets.
- Act in a service-minded and professional way that puts the end users’ needs and IKEA business operations in focus.
- Understand and be able to communicate the strategic goals and how they affect our daily work.