It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 coworkers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Compliance Specialist to join our IKEA India team based in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
- To contribute to the positioning of the IKEA Brand as unique, meaningful and trusted through Risk Management and Compliance activities.
- To lead, steer and support the business by identifying and adequately mitigating risks, and improve the overall level of compliance and efficiency.
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To secure and ensure that the business is run in a compliant way in accordance with external regulatory requirements and IKEA Group policies and standards.
- To provide sound board and advisory expertise in the areas of risk compliance and risk management.
- Assist compliance Manager to develop, revise policies, standards, SOP, routines (ASR) to protect IKEA India co-worker, visitors, assets and IKEA brand.
- Monitor compliance as per Global and Local guidelines in the all the business units and follow up on non-compliance areas.
- Assist compliance Manager for during compliance checks and follow ups.
- Promote integrity, conduct regular communications around ethics, compliance and business conduct issues including administration of ethics and compliance trainings.
- Advise business units with proposal to mitigate operational risks and monitor the proposed changes to ensure effectiveness.
- Analyse business data to identify root causes, and stimulate to provide trends that indicate potential future risks and provide recommendations.
- Develop content for compliance trainings and workshops
- Update on local business practices, legal requirements, and policies surrounding ethics and compliance.
- Be an IKEA ambassador of IKEA values and do business with fact-based business leadership.
- Coordinate with external experts, where necessary.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES
- Intermediate understanding of the IKEA business and IKEA culture
- Intermediate understanding of the business processes and the customer needs
- Understanding of IKEA governance structure and steering documents
- Extensive understanding of compliance frameworks Extensive analytical and reporting skills
- Basic understanding of risk management
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of external legislation within the country
- High integrity, respect and trust
- Extensive stakeholder management, leadership and management skills
- Project management and change management skills Excellent communication and report writing skills
- A good team player but able to work independently
- Ability to implement and follow up
ESSENTIALS FOR THE JOB
- Intermediate leadership skills
- Intermediate stakeholder management skills
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently Communication skills verbally and in writing
- Analytical skills Passion for people
- Willing to share and promote IKEA values
- Willing to change, continuously looking for improvements
- Motivation to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Interest to design and drive the risk and compliance agenda