1. ORGANISATIONAL SETUP
Job title / Function
2.1 PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
"A brief description of the function and how it contributes to the business of IKEA. One paragraph maximum. This purpose represents all jobs relating to this function"
To achieve an enjoyable, convenient and successful shopping and buying experience that leads to increased sales and sustained long-term profitability. To create satisfied customers in an efficient and effective way by using all media and sales channels available in order to attract and encourage more customers to visit more often and buy more. This is achieved by optimising the sales priorities using commercial activities and securing the right forecasts for the total IKEA offer. The main responsibilities are to ensure satisfied customers, develop and execute sales steering and selling the IKEA way.
2.2 PURPOSE OF JOB
"A brief description of the job and how it contributes to the purpose of the function. One paragraph maximum. This purpose represents all jobs reporting to this job."
To optimize the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales. You do this by motivating and inspiring your department team using knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers. You use IKEA tools and the expertise of your team and colleagues to support you.
You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the IKEA store:
- To act as a highly efficient, and staffed sales mechanism
- To show home furnishing solutions full of inspiring home furnishing ideas
- To serve as a well-qualified home furnishing specialist
- to provide a day out for the whole family.
3. ASSIGNMENT Up to 10
"Up to 10 job-specific key tasks the jobholder has to undertake to achieve the purpose described above. 10 bullet points maximum with one single task per bullet point."
- Your working base is the shop floor where you lead by example every day, supporting, challenging and coaching co-workers.
- Together with your team, you focus on putting the customer first in everything you do within the store Every customer must have a shopping experience that exceeds his or her expectations.
- You take full responsibility for ensuring your shop is in excellent shape as new and fully stocked, and with the four merchandising basics in place at all times (priced, clean, well assembled and available).
- Together with your shopkeeper, you take responsibility for your department goals and ensure your action plan is in place and communicated clearly to You follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples. You define your individual contribution and goals for delivering the department plan.
- You are passionate about the IKEA products in your You create a high level of knowledge about the products’ features and benefits, and share this with customers and your team.
- You are proactive in finding opportunities and acting on them to maximise sales through understanding customers and the local market and keeping an eye on
- You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
- You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritised products (e.g. overstock/over tag) and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term
- You execute meaningful actions that are based on the outcome of a key performance indicator analysis at shopkeeper
- You actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
"Competence is knowledge, motivation and capability to perform in all situations and activities the assignment requires."
4.1 JOB-SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE up to 10
The determined job-specific knowledge that is required to achieve the purpose of this job. Contains up to 10 job-specific knowledge items, listed as bullet points.
- The right attitude and behaviour to sell actively and help customers to
- Understanding of customer
- Understanding and active use of the Selling the IKEA way and Pricing the IKEA way
- Sales steering
- Sales location management/sales space IKEA product range, including service products. Range presentation.
- Knowledge about competitors and your local Numeracy and computer literacy.
4.2 MOTIVATION up to 5
This section is about the identified key motivators that are essential to have for this job.
Contains up to 5 items, listed as bullet points.
- A passion for selling, reaching your goals and getting the best for IKEA
- The IKEA values accurately reflect your own
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented
- You get as much out of helping your team achieve and develop as you do of your own
JOB-SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES up to 5
"Any items that were found to be specific to the job. 5 bullet points maximum."
- Any items that were found to be specific to the 5 bullet points maximum
- A person with the potential to become a
- Ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and
- A considered decision-maker.
- Ability to take responsibility and delegate when
- A good communicator who speaks to co-workers and customers in a friendly and engaged
LEADERSHIP KEY ROLES
"The four key roles supplement our IKEA Leadership Approach. An IKEA Leader has to live up to four roles to successfully accomplish the purpose of the job."
Leading | Managing | Coaching | Mentoring
"They put common expectations on IKEA Leaders developing the business through people and help fulfilling the four key roles."
- Develop the business and deliver results
- Lead and develop people
- Inspire and clarify
- Create togetherness
- Find better ways
- Enable change
5.KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIS)
"Relevant KPIs that will help to find out if the purpose has been achieved."
ICSS/”Help us to Improve” forms (HUTI)
6. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
"What previous experience and skills are required before the job can be taken up?"
"The entries consider three dimensions: essential (top), preferred from externals (bottom left) and preferred from internals (bottom right)".
6.1 ESSENTIAL FOR PARTICULAR JOB
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
- Experience of working in a customer- and commercial-oriented business.
- Experience of actively selling through understanding customers and their needs.
- Open to change/highly flexible.
- Ability to work together in a team.
- Ability to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives (often with a high sense of urgency).
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of the time available.
6.2 PREFERRED FROM EXTERNALS
- Experience of selling gained in a customer-focused
- Experience of working in a fast-paced An interest in home furnishing.
- An interest in home furnishing.
6.3 PREFERRED FROM INTERNALS
- Sales profile personality index (PI) test (IKEA)
- Clear and proven ability to meet and exceed customers’ demands and thereby sell
- Already identified as a future
- The IKEA values reflect your own values