It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Talent Manager to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION:
To Establish IKEA as the preferred employer by attracting those who share the IKEA values, ensuring a systematic development for all co-workers, inspiring the co-workers to perform and remain with IKEA. This will support IKEA in achieving the business objectives:
- IKEA in the hearts and minds of the many people
- growth and sustained long-term profitability
- a better IKEA
This shall happen by
- working in partnership with all business functions
- ensuring the appropriate HR processes and tools are implemented
- actively contributing to the growth of business through people
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Lead the process to enable the country organisation to have the right talent, in the right place at the right time, with the business as the starting point. To be a strong contributor to the country HR management team and partner with unit HR Managers
- Lead the implementation of the IKEA Talent Approach in the country organsiation and secure it is lived up to through the country strategy.
- Lead and co-ordinate the work with the Management and Competence Review in the organisation in close co-operation with stores and functions.
- Responsible for the systematic work around performance and potential is carried out in matrix and line according to global process.
- Lead the work to ensure IKEA is seen as unique, meaningful and trusted employer in the country, trough employer branding.
- Train and inspire the HR organisation and line managers in the Talent Approach and our common tools.
- Responsible for the country database is maintained and delivering to global timelines.
- Responsible for the overall talent forecasting, succession planning and recruitment, including a special focus on how to ensure national and international movement through implantation and execution of the mobility approach.
- Coach, influence and support matric partners and store organisation regarding the IKEA Talent Approach and related strategies, processes, actions and tools.
- Driving key position recruitments together with the line organisation.
- Responsible for the implementation and review of the performance evaluation and development plan process in the country.
- IKEA business model.
- Talent management – employer branding, recruitment-on boarding, succession, competence and leadership development
- High potential management.
- Change management.
- IKEA brand, culture and value.
- The strategic landscape and IKEA Ways of working.
- Being passionate about people and having a strong belief in individuals’ potential
- The IKEA values and vision
- Leading business through people
- Having the opportunity to support units in implementing global framework
- Applying strategic, tactical and operational thinking.
JOB SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES:
- Ability to translate business needs into Talent Mgmt.
- Ability to take concepts and develop implementation plans that deliver
- General and interdependent leadership.
- Excellent ability in building relationships and having high levels of influence and personal impact
- Excellent communication, verbal and written.
- Social skills and high accessibility
- Excellent listener and networker
- Sense of change readiness
- Develop the business & Deliver results
- Lead and Develop people
- Inspire and Clarity
- Create Togetherness
- Find Better ways
- Enable Change
ESSENTIALS FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence key stake holders, with confidence and credibility.
- Ability to gather and analyse facts and statistics and to develop comprehensible reports and boards papers.
- Organisational skills with attention to details and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Good listener
- Proven problem solver
- English language skills both written and verbal
- Experienced in maintaining expert specialist knowledge by keeping abreast of published materials, competitor practice, external market developments and trends and legislative and regulatory developments