Business Analyst (IMS)
Business Analyst (IMS)
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Business Analyst (IMS) to join our IKEA India team
PURPOSE OF JOB
- IKEA Indirect Material and Services (IKEA IMS), established in 2004, is a global organisation with the task to purchase and supply non-home furnishing products and services for IKEA.
- IKEA IMS takes part in the overall supplying process and plays an important role in supporting existing and new stores. We are 350 co-workers worldwide that contribute to the IKEA vision “Creating a better everyday life for the many people”. We have site offices in Älmhult, Helsingborg, Philadelphia, Wiesbaden and Shanghai. IKEA IMS is represented in most countries where IKEA operates.
- IKEA IMS is looking for a Business Analyst, located in India, to support purchasing of indirect material & services.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- As a Business Analyst you are an expert in the IKEA IMS Purchase Concept.
- The IKEA IMS Purchase Concept consists of a structured Purchase Process, purchasing tools as e-sourcing, templates, coaching and training.
- Participate in purchase projects across IKEA IMS categories supporting the project teams with analysis to ensure a fact based and analytical approach. will be responsible for ensuring the IKEA IMS Purchase Concept is used in an optimal way and will be sharing knowledge with other Business Analysts to ensure best practice is captured and applied within IKEA IMS.
- This role will be part of a team that consists of the Country Purchase Manager, Purchasers, sustainability specialist and Business Analysts. This team is part of the regional purchase area Asia Pacific.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES
- A university degree in engineering or business administration/economics and probably more than 3 years of professional experience with a strong emphasis on business analysis. It is an advantage if one has a purchasing experience.
- Excellent analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills and ability to manage many things simultaneously and can easily shift perspective from detailed to high level.
- Result oriented and have the desire and motivation to improve our business and look for better solutions also a strong power of initiative and dare to challenge others, and of course open to ideas, feedback and knowledge sharing with others.
- Desire to find new business opportunities and make it happen through involving and engaging people. Interest and drive to find common interests and agenda to build trust and partnership to reach common goals
ESSENTIALS FOR THE ROLE
- Knowledge and experience of how to cooperate and work with people in an international environment, and you must be prepared to travel from time to time.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrate integrity, honesty and reliability in interpersonal relations.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer knowledge and are skilled in MS Excel and PowerPoint.