Customer Support Centre HR Manager
Customer Support Centre HR Manager
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Customer Support Centre HR Manager to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION:
To build and retain a long-lasting relationship with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment by:
• valuing and fulfilling customer needs and expectations, thereby stimulating more and more frequent visits.
• understanding customer motivation and expectations, and playing an active role in turning them into commercial opportunities.
• ensuring a positive shopping experience that creates trust in the IKEA Brand before, during and after their visit.
This shall happen by working in partnership with all business functions to contribute to commercial growth
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Be a strong contributor to the unit management team, lead the unit HR team, secure HR subject matter expertise, process HR operations matters and ensure that the HR strategies are locally translated into action in the most effective and efficient way in order to fulfil the purpose of the HR function.
Ensure a constructive cooperation with works council/unions where applicable.
Ensure the people strategy, global principles/guidelines and relevant business plans relate and come together in a local HR action plan that is operationally implemented and lived up to.
Influence unit management team to continuously develop local leadership capabilities within their function according to business needs.
Support the building of local business competence by setting and working on relevant goals, together with the unit managers.
Responsible for identifying and driving the opportunities to develop the relevant offer of IKEA as a local employer.
Ensure that IKEA is locally known as an attractive place to work and positioned as the preferred employer in the defined local market for every function.
Ensure local employer communication is consistent, well perceived and builds on the IKEA brand.
Together with the unit management team, secure an up-to-date succession process and plan by influencing the managers in taking the lead with special focus on talents and high-performing potentials.
Be a good example of IKEA leadership in ways that express the IKEA values within and outside IKEA, and together with the unit managers help to safeguard and promote the IKEA Culture.
Together with Business Navigation deliver a local staff cost budget which secures a diverse, appropriate staff structure and meets the defined business and productivity goals in the unit.
Create and implement a co-worker relations plan that effectively manages all local interactions with co-workers and ensures that all areas in the unit work with the labour relations principles and uphold local policies, procedures and laws.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
- Talent management – recruitment, development, succession
- High potential management
- Co-worker relations – internal and external
- Performance management
- Change management
- IKEA brand, culture and values
- Strategic staffing
- Staff cost management
- Country employment legislation
- Local labour market situation and trends
- Being passionate about people and having a strong belief in individuals’ potential
- Reflecting what IKEA stands for and the IKEA values
- Leading business through people
- Having the opportunity to act local within a global framework
- Applying tactical and operational thinking
- Ability to assign relevant HR solutions to business
- Good communication, negotiation and influencial skills
- Social skills and high accessibility
- Excellent listener and networker
- Sense of change readiness
ESSENTIAL FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
- Proven experience in combining both process and results orientiation successfully
- Business understanding and a background with the customer in focus
- Experienced in creating and implementing mid-term plans, setting budgets and following up goals
- Proven experience of being a valuable contributor to business unit results
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Experienced in supporting managers in resolving performance and other people management issues
- Ability to quickly gain and apply knowledge of the local markets and labour conditions
- Ability to identify need for and drive change within the unit
- Effective communication and relationship management experience
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Facilitation skills
- Experience of working in a management role and/or the HR field
- Ability to quickly gain and apply knowledge of the local market, business and labour conditions
- A considered decision-maker with the ability to influence management colleagues
- Ability to create a win-win situation when handling conflict situations
- Experience as a coach and/or mentor