Commercial Support Specialist
Commercial Support Specialist
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Commercial Support Specialist to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
To develop sales in an efficient and effective way in all media in order to attract more customers to come more often and buy more. We do this by optimising our sales priorities, commercial activities and ensuring the right forecasts for our total offer. Our main responsibilities are developing and executing sales steering, selling the IKEA way, range grouping, pricing, range management and launches. This ensures an enjoyable, convenient and successful shopping and buying experience, which leads to increased sales and sustained long-term profitability.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Actively support Country sales manager, sales leaders and stores in:
• Sales tools and methods
• Range management
• Training and development
• Competitor monitoring
this to optimise sales and long-term, sustained profitability, within our home furnishing
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Overall objective is to support the sales function to grow sales and sustain long term
- Knowing our global priorities, our range, the national market and competition and using this information to actively support my sales leaders to develop their home furnishing business plan, thereby contributing to the Country business plan.
- Supporting the sales leaders, by analysing the range frame, to ensure the correct range for every store.
- Maintaining our competitor information system to ensure the accuracy and relevance of data.
- Compiling competitor monitoring reports and information for the sales leaders, which allows them to take fast action to ensure that the IKEA store secures the lowest price.
- Working with my sales leaders to ensure all product information, in all media is relevant, correct and complete. Proof reading in all media (web, external and in-store media).
- Knowing the principals of the mechanical sales system and using this to check in-store communication and secure it is correct and supports the easy buying process.
- Coordinate the ordering of buying guides and product related information, ensuring the stores order appropriate quantities on time to meet visitor demand in their stores.
- Maintaining the P-tag system, being the super user for this and supporting stores to ensure they can use it correctly.
- Maintaining the intranet sales page to ensure all information is correct and up-to-date.
- Having a good knowledge of how the stores work, the country commercial calendar and the needs of our customers and the impact my work has on these.
- Having a global overview of the IKEA information available and know how to access this quickly in order to find a solution for the needs of my sales colleagues.
- Coordinating the year cycle and knowing the timetable and priorities of annual sales meeting, both national and international and using this to prepare the information needed by my Country sales manager, well in advance in order to support them in their role.
- Knowing the peak times of my Country sales manager and sales leaders and the deadlines they work to, I use these to present information to them in a timely way in order for them to achieve their deadlines.
- Actively work with the sales colleagues to understand their business needs and work with them to ensure and create and deliver appropriate information to them to help them achieve their objectives.
- Support sales leaders and Country sales manager to communicate our home furnishing business priorities to our stores in a way which motivates and support them in achieving their goals.
- Create an environment of trust by encouraging open, constructive, honest, two-way feedback with my colleagues.
- Actively build a strong network with other service office functions in order to be able to access appropriate information to support the achievement of our sales priorities.
- To work with the Country sales manager to identify my successor.
- Support the sales leaders in the development, execution and follow up of appropriate product training for the stores in order to secure our home furnishing competence.
- To help and support service office colleagues when needed in order to achieve our business priorities.
- Be responsible for your own development and look to the manager for support in improving my competences.
- To know your department action plan and support the goals and targets given to the manager which ensures the delivery of this plan.
- To understand the impact of actions on the financial results of the area and know which results have influence over.
- To look for more effective ways of working to reduce costs.
- Ensure all the actions grow our business and support the sustaining of long-term profitability.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to prioritise and organise work in order to make the most efficient use of time available
- Flexible approach to work and open to change
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Highly developed analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work with timelines and schedules and maintain deadlines
- Computer proficient