Sales Support Specialist
Sales Support Specialist
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Create and constantly improve excellence in range administration and forecasting to achieve agreed service levels.
- Synchronise supply with commercial needs for the best possible customer perceived availability at the lowest possible total cost.
- Together with the commercial team ensure a smooth range management process and high-quality forecasts for input to supply planning.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Administer the range for each selling unit in accordance with the country range strategy and the Sales Leaders decision.
- Align the offered range in each selling unit with the agreed range and initiating corrective actions in co-operation with the Sales Leaders if necessary.
- Support the Sales Leaders with forecast alignment by highlighting discrepancies between central and country/selling unit forecasts.
- Help with the establishment of new selling units by supporting the range selection and range administration.
- Provide range change planning information to the Sales Leaders and selling units in order to support a smooth range change planning process.
- Support range change implementation in the selling units by assisting the Sales Leaders in the creation of initial forecasts on news and allocation of discontinued split to selling units.
- Monitor and follow up sales goals for key articles identified in the business agreement between IKEA of Sweden Home Furnishing Business (HFB) and Retail Sales
- Allocate unexpected deviations of discontinued items to the selling units while taking into consideration all commercial implications and monitor the range change process and initiate necessary actions within the Commercial Team.
- Support the Sales Leaders in the range selection by providing a range frame based on the selling units’ capacity and with input from the Retail Logistics Capacity and Flow Planner and according to global range dimensioning rules.
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES
- Excellent skills in retail and/or logistics processes, tools and working methods.
- Analytical skills with the ability to identify required business actions.
- Good skills in supporting an efficient and cost-effective commercial performance.
- Good numerical skills.
- Ability to build trust and communicate in a clear and targeted way with different people in various situations.
- Ability to manage a high-volume and vibrant retail environment.
- Ability to make things happen with flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- Experience of working in a retail and/or logistics role, including previous experience of leading others.
- Show potential to apply tactical and operational thinking.
- Ability to meet agreed budgets and goals.
- Ability to think commercially by balancing efficiency, inspiration and profitability.
- Ability to reflect and find value and ideas in collaborating with others.
- Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Desire to work for a values-driven company.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced retail or logistics environment.
- Experience and interest in retailing and/or home furnishing.