It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a In- Store Logistics Specialist to join our IKEA India team based in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
To ensure that there is a consistently high and stable availability, in the IKEA product range, for our customers at the lowest possible cost. Through this we contribute to the growth of IKEA and improve our customers’ life at home.
Work with the Country In-store Logistics Manager in optimizing all logistical operations in the stores in the country. This is done by working with the In-store Logistics managers and Goodsflow Managers in the stores to analyse and maximize stores’ logistical performances. This strengthens the main objectives of IKEA to be leader in life at home in the local market and achieve growth and sustained long term profitability.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Analysing individual store Goodsflow performance consumer feedback and use the insights gained to decide on necessary actions to improve the shopping experience and easy buying process.
• Creating the prerequisites to enable the stores to secure the required store logistics capacity regarding space, equipment and people.
• Contributing to new developments in multichannel retailing in areas of in-store logistics by acting as a link between Service Office and the stores; and by developing; documenting and implementing new ways of operating
• Working with the store logistics organization to create the prerequisites to optimize in-store logistics productivity and fulfil overall qualitative and quantitative goals.
• Improving the in-store logistic costs per m³ result and proactively working to minimize these costs by sharing my expertise and developing the competence of the Goodsflow Managers and Logistics teams
• Developing the most efficient goods flow process for every store situation, developing and implementing proven solutions, new global developments and securing all necessary prerequisites within processes of supplying and communicating & selling as well as multichannel retailing
• Conducting In-store logistics functional reviews and capacity Reviews.
• Working actively with colleagues in retail logistics, IKEA systems, Global Networks and the store logistics organization to initiate & develop; identify and share best practices and proven solutions.
• Actively planning and implementing actions to increase the competence amongst all co-workers within In-Store Logistics by creating and driving a Logistics competence development strategy
• Securing the training of store Logistics and Goodsflow managers to ensure they are well informed focused on optimizing all logistic operations and linking the in-store logistic development with our commercial plan and supply strategy.
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE & SKILLED REQUIRED
Essentials for the role
Needs to gain knowledge on general IKEA ways of working as well as knowledge specific to the role as in-store logistics specialist – Retail logistics. Existing material is available to support in gaining this knowledge about the role.
• Desire and ability to share knowledge and learning with others.
• Interested in retailing and supply chain logistics with a strong desire to maximize turnover, create profit and improve our customer’s shopping experience.
• A strong desire to create a foundation, maintain operational excellence and contribute to the development of the IKEA Retail business and the Supply Chain.
Experience and knowledge within Retail, in the area of retail logistics, commercial team or supply chain.
• Ability to explain goals/purpose, to set expectations and provide clear direction and give open and honest feedback.
• Experience of setting and implementing action plans, setting budgets and following up goals.
• Strong analytical skills and process orientation.
• Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.