Accounts Receivable (AR) Manager
Accounts Receivable (AR) Manager
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 coworkers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Receivable (AR) Manager to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Accounts Receivable (AR) Manager is a key role to put in place, monitor and ensure robustness of accounting processes relating to collections, credit monitoring, cash application and banking requirements for IKEA. This would involve developing the appropriate accounting processes and controls and provide leadership to the team. The role also involves interaction with multiple stakeholders within the company. Incumbent will be expected to bring in strong accounting knowledge, process and business understanding and interpersonal interactions would to help set up and lead a robust AR accounting process that is both practical and scalable. Incumbent is also expected to develop a high performing team and evolve simplified processes to support future growth
- Be responsible for overall AR activities in IKEA India
- Implement systems and processes to drive efficient and strong processes
- Establish SOP’s, working methods and internal controls that are scalable and practical
- Establish credit control policies, controls, monitoring processes and SOP’s
- Be able to work in a complex and evolving internal and external environment and design appropriate processes and controls
- Strong familiarity and experience with Indian tax and regulatory environment (GST, Customs, TDS etc.) would be an added advantage
- Prior experience in working with AR/credit control would be an added advantage
- Work with stakeholders within and outside India both on systems and processes to meet the process objectives
- Lead projects in AR area for process improvement, change management and systems development
- Ensure robust management information systems, controls, reports and other required reporting to monitor process health and to drive continuous improvement
- Monitor & develop key metrics such as reconciliations, MIS, reports and other parameters on continuous basis to work with team to fix gaps and improve processes
- Own and ensure robust processes around credit control, sales reconciliation, collection, cash application, dunning, banking, taxation and related aspects
- Lead and develop strong team that is capable of taking on broader challenges and support IKEA expansion. Work with manager and team to build team competence, team morale and motivation
- Have an overall view of the process and ensure timely completion of activities
- Initiate and participate in the development of tools and working methods
- Drive systems testing and manage super user activities for AR related systems as required
- Ensure strong compliant process structure and ensure appropriate support and leadership for statutory audits, process audits, internal audits and ensure implementation of key recommendations
- CA preferred
- Strong familiarity and experience with Indian tax, Banking and regulatory environment (GST, Customs, TDS, banking products, loan products etc.) would be an added advantage
- Strong accounting knowledge, process and business understanding
- Prior experience in AR area is preferred
- Strong leadership skills and ability to handle interpersonal interactions and discussions with global and local stakeholders
- Good understanding of systems, processes and reporting framework. Proven experience in setting up systems and processes would be preferred
•Business partner/Customer Focus
•Learning and Self Development
•Problem Solving and Conflict Management
•Communication - Oral/Written
•Drive for Result
- Helping the team to achieve and develop as I do out of my own achievements.
- Being passionate about being part of a business that is the leader in life at home, contributing to a better everyday life for the many people.
- To find more effective ways of working and about using your knowledge to drive the business in order to optimise the performance.
- To have a natural interest in people and enjoy working in a multi-national, fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
- Be hungry for knowledge and want to increase the skills and learning, using this to benefit IKEA and grow personally.
- Strive for excellence and simplicity, enabling change, safeguarding the functioning of IKEA, developing growth potentials and sustaining long term profitability.
ESSENTIAL FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
- College degree or above
- Solid accounting/tax knowledge, working experience in finance in Indian accounting environment would be an advantage
- Prior experience in AR area in a multinational environment will be an added advantage
- Leadership experience, strong action orientation, process focus and change management capability
- Strong communication and coordinating skills
- Strong compliance and process approach
- Professional problem solving and knowledge sharing
- Strong systems and process understanding, analytical and reporting skills
- Quick learner
PREFERRED FROM EXTERNALS:
- 10-12 years of accounting and/or auditing experience in AR, financial accounting, collections and AR processes with exposure/familiarity to Indian tax and business environment
- Proven leadership experience, leading teams of 2-5 people across processes mentioned above
- Strong process expertise and ability to put in place and ensure robust accounting and internal control processes
- Experience in use of automated accounting systems
- Experience in multicultural and multinational organisation
- Exposure to broader finance areas such as Accounts payable, General ledger, closing and reporting would be an added advantage