Customer Relations Manager
Customer Relations Manager
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 194,000 co-workers and operations in 49 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
IKEA has an ambitious expansion plan in India, to be a leading home furnishing retailer with multi-channel capabilities and also opening about 25 stores by 2030. In Karnataka, IKEA plans both retail stores and ecommerce, a supplier landscape to support local sourcing and has also located its service office for the country in Bangalore. IKEA’s first store in Bengaluru will be in Nagasandra on Tumkur road; IKEA has acquired 14 acres of land and a 40,000 sq.m (450,000 sq. ft.) store will be built with integrated metro connectivity offering great accessibility and catering to over 6 million visitors per year.
Do you want to be part of IKEA’s exciting journey in Bengaluru and India?
We are currently looking for Customer Relations Manager to join our IKEA Bengaluru Store
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
To build and retain a long-lasting relationship with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment by:
- Valuing and fulfilling customer needs and expectations thereby stimulating more and more frequent visits.
- Understanding customer motivation and expectations, and play an active role in turning them into commercial opportunities.
- Ensuring a positive shopping experience that creates trust in the IKEA Brand before, during and after their visit.
This shall happen by working in partnership with all business functions to contribute to commercial growth.
PURPOSE OF JOB
To ensure a positive and joyful shopping experience for all IKEA visitors and customers. This includes in particular:
- Ensuring an overall customer easy buying process and a positive shopping experience.
- Ensuring that the appropriate customer relations' processes and tools are implemented.
- Ensuring the related strategies are translated into action.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Ensure the customer focus and relevant business plans relate and come together in a local action plan that is operationally implemented and fulfilled.
- Drive a customer-focused culture throughout the complete market and secure an overall inspiring shopping experience where it is always for customers easy to shop.
- Ensure the building of business competence by supporting managers and team leaders in setting and working on relevant goals and agreed development plans.
- Influence the unit management team with customer insights that will allow it to base business decisions on customer expectations.
- Responsible for identifying and removing hindrances in order to secure an easy buying experience, a positive shopping experience and easy payment and after sales fulfilment.
- Support commercial initiatives and priorities before, during and after the shopping experience.
- Identify and develop the many talents in the unit and within the department to secure succession planning.
- Establish and maintain service agreements with internal stakeholders (including customer support) and external partners in order to protect operational standards and help safeguard the IKEA culture.
- Plan and determine which departmental resources and investments are required in order to achieve operational excellence in balance with customer expectations.
- Secure and monitor the department is working according to internal, global and national rules and policies, IKEA best practise and in accordance with local legislation.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES
- Solid understanding of the easy buying experience.
- Cost and budget management.
- Proven leadership skills in a people-centric organisation.
- Talent management, i.e. recruitment and development.
- Change management.
- IKEA Brand, IKEA culture and values.
- Retail market customer insights, including sources.
- Relevant customer relations processes, tools and working methods.
- Legal requirements and third-party contracts.
- Ability to align customer needs and expectations with business needs.
- Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to find solutions for customer and operational issues.
- Good social skills with a high level of accessibility.
- Ability to make things happen with flexibility, speed and simplicity.
ESSENTIALS FOR THE ROLE
- Sound understanding of business and a background gained from working in a customer-focused, fast-paced and multichannel retail environment.
- Experienced in creating and implementing mid-term plans, setting budgets and following up goals.
- Proven experience of being a valuable contributor to customer satisfaction and business unit results.
- Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Self-confident and assertive with the ability to influence through the use of customer insights.
- Experienced in problem-solving and conflict-management.
- Proven record/experience of developing people and organisations.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in the local language(s) and English.
- Good analytical skills.