Development Project Leader
Development Project Leader
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 194,000 coworkers and operations in 49 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Development Project Leader to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
• Development Project Leader shall have professional project management experience and site development market knowledge, experiences and awareness of related regulations and policies.
• To have strong business sense, good communication and negotiation skills.
• He/she shall drive the project compliance process in assigned cities (2-4 projects), steer negotiations with local authority and make proposals for outstanding issues.
• To work closely with relevant functions during the project period and will contribute to the full implementation of infrastructure development, project permitting and implementation of an investment agreement.
Project Compliance based on IKEA criteria
• Contribute to the action plan for each responsible project by developing a project compliance plan.
• Help and assist the internal IKEA functions with input into Investment requests, Investment Agreements, Design, Permitting, Construction and Retail permits and licences.
• To lead the site infrastructure development planning, approval and implementation by co-ordinating internal functions/ external consultants/ contractors and negotiating with local authorities.
• Recruitment and management of external consultants with related functions during site development process.
• Establish and maintain good government relations to obtain the best result
• Permitting for Project Compliance, IKEA Trade Dress, Store opening and Project completion
• To secure all permits are completed concerning project execution and store opening, including the traffic plan, permits/certificates before construction, final acceptance permits/certificates after construction, IKEA trade dress and final Property certificate according to the project time plan.
• To lead and support the retail functions so all operating permits and licences are in place to support the store opening.
Implementation of Project Compliance plan
• Secure the external infrastructure is in place to support an easy and safe access to the IKEA store via road/ public transportation and the pedestrian flow around the site.
• To secure with the government the time plan for all external infrastructure works also including temporary access to support the construction.
• Secure all necessary infrastructure projects are completed on time in order to support the store opening by continual follow up on time plans and negotiation with government bureaus and external contractors.
Project Compliance and Follow-up
• Follow up on all terms in IA / Land contract and implementation through government/ authority counterparts.
• Coordinate with PM, CPM and Store functions to ensure smooth hand-over of the store. and connection of infrastructure network to site
• Give support on relevant project issues as required to secure the success of the store project
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES:
• Good communication, organizational skills and professional-knowledge focus
• Good English verbal and writing skills
• Good understanding of city land development concepts and project compliance process
• Good social competence and an excellent diplomatic skill to act in different situations.
• Ability to focus on 2-4 projects at a single time.
• 3 years successful experience preferably within project management/property development/construction.
• Adequate university degree or equivalent knowledge
• Computer literacy
• Knowledge and understanding of India property development and project permitting regulations and laws
• Knowledge and experience of India government and bureaus.