Front End Specialist
Front End Specialist
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 194,000 co-workers and operations in 49 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs
We are currently looking for a Front End Specialist to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION:
To establish the IKEA brand as the preferred choice in home furnishing products and solutions that create a better everyday life for the many people, thereby reaching the IKEA business objectives.
This shall occur by:
- Stimulating home furnishing interest in our digital channels
- Securing a strong brand and competitive position in a digital environment
- Driving sales and traffic to the IKEA stores and IKEA website.
- Creating a great customer satisfaction.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To be responsible for research, development, integration and support of web solutions and functions for a better IKEA experience online.
- Responsible for web programming technologies used to build, integrate and implement enhancements or redesigns to overall site functionality and pages.
- Contribute to the department with insights, trends and solutions in the area of web technology.
- Research, implement and integrate API’s and web services.
- Support web agencies with their deliveries and implementations on IKEA pages.
- Explore new tools and technology.
- Lead technical requirement analysis processes for development, integration and improvements.
- Actively be an enabler towards a multichannel approach.
- Knowledge in web services, API’s and CMS platforms.
- Knowledge in server side programming, ex. PHP/MySQL.
- Great knowledge about UX and digital communication.
- Strong interest in eCommerce.
- Solid experience of communicating and documenting solutions, both verbally and in print.
- Strong home furnishing interest.
- Good in writing and speaking English.
- Passion for digital media
- Customer focus
- Team worker
JOB SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES:
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to resolve complex IT-related problems.
- Good understanding of how a high quality customer shopping process looks like.
- Service-minded with customer in focus.
- Structured and accurate.
- Capability to communicate to all levels including non IT persons.
- Capable to see the big picture as much as the ability to deeply investigate details.
ESSENTIAL FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
- Experience in working with user centric web
- Experienced in working with internet technology
- Good understanding about retail and eCommerce