It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 194,000 co-workers and operations in 49 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Purchaser - Food to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
We are now looking for an experienced purchaser who will have a leading role to secure and implement new ways of working within the purchase of Food.
- As purchaser in prioritized food projects, be responsible for driving complex large-scale tenders and negotiating agreements.
- Together with stakeholders in IKEA Food Services areas, secure quality, competitive pricing and terms & conditions for IKEA by working according to IKEA food concept.
- Be the primary commercial interface towards global and national suppliers and the stakeholder. Build good working relationships with stakeholders, with whom you will develop the sourcing strategies for food wholesalers and producers.
- Be responsible for driving the implementation of these strategies by following the IMS food purchase process.
- Monitor the Indian market to benchmark producers and suppliers to create conditions for optimizing the business.
- Be responsible for supplier relationships and ensure that the suppliers are complying with our sustainability directives and the IKEA Code of conduct.
- You will be part of a team that consists of the Country Purchase Manager, Purchasers, sustainability specialist and Business Analyst. This team is part of the regional purchase area Asia Pacific.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
- Having professional experience from strategic purchasing in an international and/or food industry environment.
- You have strong purchasing, analytical and negotiation skills and expertise gained from international purchasing.
- You also have the experience from cooperating with stakeholders in purchase projects.
- You have fact based decision making approach.
- Actively contribute in global Purchase Development Process with category throughout approach and leading the supplier performance and business development following Supplier development process. Deep Knowledge of Project Management tools.
- You are doing business with holistic view, always having customer, supplier, total IKEA and total cost development in mind.
- Possessing strategic business mindset with a strong drive and an openness to change.
- To look for new possibilities and improving ways of working comes naturally to you.
- Being a positive team-player with good communication skills, and we appreciate your power of initiative and ability to build trustworthy relation.
- Desire to find new business opportunities and make it happen through involving and engaging people.
- Having interest and drive to find common interests and agenda to build trust and partnership to reach common goals.
- We assume that you are fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience in food purchase will be an advantage
- Develop the business and deliver results
- Lead and develop people
- Inspire and clarify
- Create togetherness
- Find better ways
- Enable change
ESSENTIAL FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
- Purchasing experience.
- Good knowledge of IKEA purchasing processes and tools.
- Knowledge of industrial production conditions, including relevant materials.
- Good knowledge of cost drivers, structures and calculation.
- Possess negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of handling quality and IWAY issues in a supplier relation.
- Understanding of the IKEA strategic landscape
- Fluent in English both written and spoken