Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist
It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 194,000 co-workers and operations in 49 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our IKEA India team in Bangalore.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Accounts Payable Specialist provides an excellent professional service to the business with business partner in focus by ensuring that every invoice is registered and processed according to IKEA processes and directions, legal standards and country specific requirements.
•Check accounting information on the automatically matched invoices; add account codes and tax master codes on invoices without purchase order
•Investigate invoices that have not been possible to automatically match in Basware. Resolve issue and/or distribute to the correct receiver for review and approval of invoices
•Transfer invoices from the Basware application to the accounting application (CODA)
•Check for incorrect or incomplete data and follow-up on the status of outstanding issues
•Report invoice verification errors according to pre-defined routines, in order to improve the invoice quality
•Support producing monthly closing reports for the organization, including invoice and supplier statistics and basis for accruals
•Actively investigate matching statistics and other information in order to increase the matching rate
•Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of process and working routines and strive to constantly reduce the average time spent on invoice administration
•Take an active role in coaching and developing Junior AP Specialist
•Respond to all inquiries related to AP documents handling and payment.
ESSENTIALS FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in accounts payable accounting.
- Acquainted with tax (GST), GAAP and reporting processes, able to use automated accounting systems (CODA and Basware will be an asset).
- Experience in shared services or multicultural environment, as well as education in accounting, finance or auditing is welcomed.
- To have solution focused approach and ability to organize and prioritize a high volume of daily duties. Your interpersonal, communication and analytical skills are something you want to show us.
- You love sharing knowledge and build strong relationships with team members and business partners.
- Communication in English is your strong point and you are eager to use it while cooperating with various business partners.